Thursday, May 10, 2007

i could be a bloodhound these days

i was working at duke press this morning, waiting for my morning dose of cooking smells. since being pregnant, my super-sensitive nose picks up on the italian restaurant's kitchen (just below the press) as soon as they start smashing garlic. this morning, however, i was overwhelmed by what i can only describe as the smell of grandmother (my paternal one, who died october 2005) and the apartment she used to live in before moving in with my aunt. i have no idea where this was coming from, but it lasted for most of my shift at the press. it made me remember spending so much time with her when i was young, and it made me wonder what she would have thought of ted and me having a baby. she probably would've told us that she hoped it looked like ted and had his taste in shoes. i would have liked hearing that. makes me even happier that nan and pop and memommy are alive for this.

No comments: