Tuesday, February 12, 2008

long overdue post



a week ago today, evesie and i were just getting home from a surprise trip to indy. her papa was so happy to see her that he hauled this kid's increasingly weighty butt all the way through the airport when he picked us up. but before we discuss the deceptive heaviness of a baby: a shout out to the enduringly lovely and amazingly generous martha faul. it was martha who had the idea to fly me (and eve!) to indy to surprise christine for her big groundhog day birthday. ted's event-mindedness and thoughtfulness led me to make it a surprise for not only the birthday girl, but for my family as well. outside of christine's family, only the most secretive and helpful bob was in on the plan. well done, everyone, for making the weekend such a happy surprise for so many people.

and martha: THANK YOU SO MUCH! you made so very many people so very happy to see each other.

1 comment:

Janet Fehskens said...

I think Martha should fly you here. I think Martha should fly you here. I think Martha should fly you here. I think Martha should fly you here. I think Martha should fly you here. I think Martha should fly you here. Martha! Fly them here!