Friday, November 14, 2008

i never did eat a pumpkin pasty. . .


a year ago today, i was looking for harry potter-esque recipes and talking potter-centric trash on facebook, all in preparation of the h.p. trivia night to which ted and i and my enormous belly were invited.

how things have changed.

today, i've been looking for carrot cupcake recipes for the evester's first birthday celebration. not only are we not in durham (sniff), many of those friends who were expecting us at trivia night 367 days ago are not there either (sniff, sniff).

but what do these days have in common?

colors: pumpkin pasties and carrot cake are orange-hued. eve was wearing pink and khaki this morning (one of my favorite outfits from the huge box of clothes that hope sent!), just as i was wearing those colors a year ago. i think that was all that still fit my massive frame at that point.

and feelings: i was feeling a similar fullness then and now, centered around eve. then, she wasn't among us (she was only a jordan at that point), but i couldn't believe how much my life and thoughts revolved around her, nor could i believe how much more aware eve made me of our wonderful and caring friends and family. i was, emotionally and physiologically, full to bursting. and now, my thoughts are seldom far from eve. she's made me fall in love with her more than i could have ever guessed, and the joy that she shares with the world deepens my love for all of you who've come along with us so far in evesie's life. now, i'm only emotionally full to bursting.

2 comments:

Janet Fehskens said...

You're so sweet - that Evesie knows how loved she is and that's why it just oozes out of her and everyone around her. I miss all of you so much! Being with you just ruined me! I mailed the pup's birthday card today and hope it gets to her on the big day. Have a wonderful time - cherish every moment. I'll never forget "Teddy's" first birthday - we were in Wyoming and he wore a cowboy hat and boots - so much fun!
Love,
nanet

Janet Fehskens said...

Happy Birthday, Eve!
Love,
Nanet