Wednesday, January 16, 2008

boy i wish i had teeth sometimes




this morning we concluded a casually conducted experiment involving the baba and chocolate peppermint stick luna bars.

i was first introduced to luna bars by anne gulick at the lucinda williams concert in 2003. i was a first year grad student--terrified and naive in the ways of the world--and anne, a year ahead of me and wise in so many ways, told me that she had a luna bar for dinner. though even now i can't imagine surviving an entire concert on a single bar (but then again, i lack anne's impressive stamina), i will say that they've sustained me remarkably well every morning since eve has been born. if i don't eat one when i wake up, i quickly become a non-functioning zombie of the lowest state. it's pathetic really--my dependence on these overpriced 'health' bars. thank you, anne, for ensuring my survival, and consequently, eve's.

while we were in chicago, i cracked open my first chocolate peppermint stick luna bar (hereby known as cpslb). eve was getting ready to nurse, but she suddenly turned her head and started giving me ginormous gummy-mouthed smiles. guessing that she was excited about the smell of my fragrant breakfast, i told her that she could have the luna bar through breastmilk. this made her even more happy. it was amazing. we've repeated this scenario, minus being in chicago, two times since then, and she's responded the same way each time. above, you can witness this morning's photographic evidence as recorded by ted.

we have no idea why the cpslb's provoke eve in this way. perhaps it's proof that she really is elvish. the cpslb does smell like christmas, so that's possible.

1 comment:

Janet Fehskens said...

I'm going to have to check out those bars - I love mint, too; a spring pixie to your Christmas elf. I'll bet it is good with milk . . .